Recently I see more and more posts about introversion, how introvert people really are, how to interact with them and so on. I’ve seen dozen of those posts. I’ve read a couple of posts about ‘highly sensitive people' (HSP) too. Apparently people like those posts. That’s ok. I understand that. People who identify themseles as introvert are pleased to know that there are others like them, that the way they are is just a normal variation within the human population. That makes them feel less alone and more “normal”.
I don’t think that finding a label for one’s own quirks of personality is useful, but that’s me. I don’t think I’m introvert or HSP, although many people have said that to me.
I don’t talk much, that’s true. I’m not easy to talk to, that’s also true. Some people find that unconfortable. I understand that. Just yesterday I had a very awful experience because of my not-talking-much thing.
Today I was searching for articles and I found this one. It’s by one of my favorite psychotherapists and it’s about something others could call introversion. Nancy McWilliams prefer to use the term “schizoid personality”. I personally don’t like the term introversion, mostly because it implies that there are only two ways you could be: you’re an introvert, or an extrovert. I don’t think it is like that. I’m not sure “schizoid personality” is the right term either, but I understand why McWilliams has chosen it.
I thought I’d share this article because I felt it’s not shallow like other I’ve read, and because I felt it as more humane.
- untwo reblogged this from scipsy
- lukenian reblogged this from scipsy
- preoccupiedwithscience likes this
- dooooq likes this
- edelbeezer likes this
- formlessandvoid likes this
- keepoffthelawn2 reblogged this from scipsy
- tracingsentiment reblogged this from 7-days
- tsukimitai likes this
- a-misfit-among-misfits likes this
- kcuhcttenneb likes this
- billiemoods likes this
- 7-days reblogged this from scipsy
- somnambulantdreamer likes this
- pollymoon reblogged this from scipsy and added:
- soyoyosays likes this
- insinuatingly-alchemic likes this
- f0rtylegz said:Good read! Thanks
- f0rtylegz likes this
- iquestionyourbeing likes this
- ne-ko-te reblogged this from scipsy and added:
- timelyobservations likes this
- clockworktardis likes this
- open-res-nova likes this
- ilaaljawzawayn reblogged this from scipsy
- surfingseal reblogged this from scipsy
- rainydayrunner likes this
- terriblefolly likes this
- blanketpol said:This happens to me all the time. Why does it always seem to provoke such anger? It’s almost like the rest of the world expects me to act just like them, and when I act like myself, i am told that I am making them angry. Frustrating.
- adessolei likes this
- ucsdhealthsciences likes this
- clareer likes this
- disco-dancer-donna likes this
- labyrinthofdreamsandschemes likes this
- quetisanta likes this
- rotiferola likes this
- drhfgordon likes this
- scipsy posted this