I think you are little confused.
The neutrino was first postulated in 1930 by Pauli and detected for the first time in 1956.
The faster-than-light neutrino was the result of an OPERA experiment publicly announced in September 2011.
The results was highly debated from the beginning, both for the doubts of many scientists, both for its possible implications.
But yesterday ScienceInsider reported that “the 60 nanoseconds discrepancy appears to come from a bad connection between a fiber optic cable that connects to the GPS receiver used to correct the timing of the neutrinos’ flight and an electronic card in a computer”.
- ojlefty likes this
- kimberliciousness likes this
- zero27 likes this
- lifethroughgeologictime likes this
- stardragon121812 likes this
- stepfwd likes this
- ulaulaman likes this
- ulaulaman said:Here the INFN press release: infn.it/news/ne…
- jessthemesslol reblogged this from scipsy
- billiemoods likes this
- theoneandonlyjw said:Why ask this Anonymously ????
- mindchemistry likes this
- saffythegeek said:Wow, that was a badly worded question :s
- delectabledelusions likes this
- scipsy posted this